These establishing shots are effective for setting the scene on the urban drama, in these pictures we see the flats and a lake, making the area seem quite tranquil, but also it appears to have a dark side too.
I think this dark alleyway would pose as a good location for a chase scene, the low angle emphasises the dark nature of the alleyway.
These shots down alleyways as the sun is setting show an escape route, but from the high angle that the shot is taken, the escape route seems quite far away and hard to reach for our protagonist. I really like the way the light condenses in the first picture, and the bars we see allow us to make connections with prison and the law.
These are more modern flats that I found when out on location shooting, once again, the bars give that 'prison' effect, and the colour grey makes the flats look dreary and dismal.
These stairways to a bridge are very disjointed and could also be a good location for a chase scene, or any dodgy dealings that will take place during our montage section of our trailer. The graffiti is a common convention for urban dramas, but this graffiti features flats, which I think is an added bonus for when it comes to setting the genre.
This shot out of a car mirror reflects light really well, and could be used effectively during our montage as if the protagonist is being watched.
No comments:
Post a Comment